Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 48

Hey  Parents!
 
First off, Mom I hope you had a TERRIFIC AWESOME Birthday!  Darn shame I couldn't be there to celebrate.
 
So I just thought that I would let you guys know how my week was.  This past week was incredibly awesome for me and Elder Shiozawa.  Recently we've been teaching a family by the name of Leulu.  They are a family of 4 from New Zealand.  They are actually Samoan but they lived in New Zealand.  They were found a few weeks ago by one of the members here and they came to church one Sunday.  They don't really speak Japanese at all so I did my best to translate for them during sacrament meeting.  Then we started doing weekly family home evening with them.  Now it's to the point where we've taught them quite a bit (lessons 1-3 and the WoW).  On Saturday we asked them to be baptized and their answer was YES!!  We set, as a goal, the 24th of September for them to be baptized and they agreed.  So now we're working with them to the extent that we're able (which usually turns out to be once a week) and they love us.  And we love them because they're such a terrific family and they're so much fun to be around.  They have a 9 month old girl and a 3 year old boy.  And they are both sooooo rambunctuous.  So things are going extremely well with them.
 
Then a little over a month ago while I was passing out flyers for our English class I met a woman named Sharmeen.  She is from Alabama and she's been teaching English in Japan for a little over 8 years now.  She started meeting with us because she wanted to understand why she felt so much positive energy from us.  We've taught her twice now and she really has been prepared to hear the Gospel at this time.  It's been soooooo cool to finally be teaching someone who wants to hear the message that we have to share and is willing to put forth the effort to see for themselvs whether or not this message is true. 
 
So until next time I hope you guys have a great week.  Give everyone my love.  Especially you two.  Thank you soo much! 
 
Elder Keith
キース長老 

No comments:

Post a Comment