Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week 46

Hey Mom and Dad!!
 
So basically Kofu has not gotten any cooler.  And we had transfer calls!!!!  Well everyone in the zone did.  Except for Kofu!!  That's right me and my current companion Elder Shiozawa who also happened to be in the same room as me in the MTC both survived transfers and we'll be in Kofu another 6 weeks.  And both of the sisters stayed too.  Me and a sister named sister Tanaka have been in kofu for 3 transfers xD.  And we were in the same district back when I was in Tama.  xD.    And President Albrecht was saying that there's a good chance that we'll be staying longer in our areas so after this transfer I may or may not be in Kofu.  4 transfers is pretty normal to be in an area.  And more than 2 transfers with the same companion is rare.  So after this transfer... well it's a wait and see for who goes and who stays because we'll almost certainly be split up.  But we're both certain that we're both gonna have some kind of responsibility next transfer.  Which leads to the next point.  I am no longer district leader.  I kinda thought that it was gonna be temporary anyways.  It was fun while it lasted.  I enjoyed calling people every night.  Yeah the responsibility was kinda enjoyable but it's gonna be nice to just to go back and be a regular missionary.  But while I was District Leader, we had the sisters, who were both japanese who spoke mostly only Japanese. Well one speaks pretty decent english and the other about 2 words.  So yeah.  But being honest there were only a couple times where I had a hard time getting my point across.  Because while japanese is still hard, it's very rare that I'm not able to say what I want.  And that may seem prideful but I feel like I've been doing really well.
 
I love the Japanese food.  It, for the most part, is way dang good.  I wonder about how I'm going to find all the stuff that I like after my mission.  What do I like most about Japan?  Well it's kinda hard to pick one thing.  One thing I do really like though is the train system that they have here.  It's so readily accessible, so widely used and, you can basically get anywhere you wanna go by train.  What do I like about serving a mission?  I love talking to people I love helping people and I love the change that I've seen in myself.  It's so much fun.  I honestly am having the best time of my life.  I miss you guys like crazy but I just love Japan and being a missionary so  dang much.  It's gonna be hard to come home xD. Thank you for all your support.  Say hi to anyone who asks about me.  Especially Brother Larson if you get the chance.  But I have places to go.  Souls to save.  So until next week I bid you 気をつけて下さい。 (take care).  Love and miss you.
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment