Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 44

Heyyy,
So this week has been really really busy for me.  It's funny you think that it would be because of the laptop and stuff but we hardly used it at all this week.  We had like no time at all.  Yeah don't worry Dad, I'll stay away from the games.  It's actually not even the slightest temptation for me.  Nor is doing anything else 'illegal'.  In fact I would have been perfectly fine had we not even had computers.  I means it's good in some ways and for a lot of people it will be really effective, but I was just kinda like 'mahhh whatever xD'. 
Yes I was able to go back to Tama and see Mai get baptized.  It was amazing.  It meant getting up at like 4:30 so we could get on a train at 5:30 (the earliest one) and just barely make it in time.  It was one of the best experiences in my mission. 
I've also sent you a letter addressed to the Hawkesbury branch and I was wondering if you could put it on the bulletin board.  That would be much appreciated.
AHHHH everybody is growing up sooo fast.  Ben and Ariana are going to the YSA ward?  That's weird!  And Thomas is apparently wicked tall now?  I'm guessing that Adam's probably over 6' now then. xD  I'm such a shorty hahahahaha. 
So actually I have something by way of request too.  There's a member in my ward right now who's planning on, at some point attending TOCAD (Toronto college of art and design) and so she's really interested in what Canada's like.  I was wondering if you could send me pictures of Canada, and/or Toronto and stuff.  That would be very much appreciated. 
It's funny to see how much a mission changes you.  Like before my mission, service projects were not fun and I felt less than over-enthusiastic about doing them.  Now I actively seek out ways to help the members of my ward.  Like the other day, we went and cut a lawn.  Before that we helped move furniture and then sort receipts.  And then for the first time in my mission (in a really long time actually) I kept little kids occupied.  (Background:  We have an evening Sacrament meeting for those members that work during the day and have no choice.)  So, we've been attending this and recently a less-active, that the sisters have been working with, has started coming and she's been bringing her 3 kids.  Then one of the others members brings her 2 kids.  And so afterward (the service is only about 30 mins) after we were done clean-up and everything, I went to give one of the kids a hi-five, and he ran away from me!  So then I proceeded to chase 4 young boys around and have them squealing and screaming and running away.  It was sooooo much fun.  I was sooo tuckered out by the end though.  I never knew that kids had that much energy.  I'm gonna need to start working out a lot more if I'm gonna ever think of having kids, who will almost certainly be rambunctious.  But yeah so my week went by fast.  And this next week too we have something almost every day.  And this transfer has only 2 weeks left and that makes me sad because my companion is terrific and we're working really hard but the possibility is very big that President will not keep us together next transfer.  We both think that we're gonna start getting younger missionaries as companions now xD.  Ahhh mission life.  I really do love it.  It's soo terrifically fun.  I really am having the time of my life.  Thanks for helping me get here!!  Love you both soooooo much!
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment