Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 24

So it has begun.  The transfer where very little English will be spoken by Elder Keith.  And right now it's awesome!  True I don't understand everything my companion says, but that doesn't prevent us from communicating effectively.  Sometimes it does mean we pull out our electronic dictionaries to look words up but it is actually still rather fun.  It really feels like my understanding of Japanese has jumped though.  Like I don't just understand my companion better, I understand everyone better.  Of course that helps only slightly when I need to say something because my speaking skills are as yet a work in progress.  But I'm not worried.  I've only been here in Japan a couple months.  But besides that not too much has changed here.  The weather is getting steadily warmer.  The work is progressing.  It's funny to realize though just how much influence Japan has on the rest of the world.  Like I didn't realize until I got here just how many things from home have Japanese influence until I came to Japan.  Another thing that's slowly and steadily happening to me is I'm starting to speak more and more Senkyoshigo.  That's missionary language.  It's where Japanese and English merge in a missionary fashion.  Like I would say, "Ah so desu ka? Well then let's go dendo!"  Translated into English it means "Really? Well then let's go do missionary work."  So when I come back, not to say expect, but expect Senkyoshigo.  So until next time I say:
 
愛しているので気をつけて下さい。 手紙を書かなかったら、手紙を受けたいと思います。 ありがとうございます!
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment