Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 23

So transfer calls are in.  I'm staying in Tama!!!  YES!  And my companion got transferred.  He's now back in America.  Yeah he finished his mission.  And now I have a new companion.  A guy by the name of Elder Furugen.  He is Japanese.  He's super awesome.  But he doesn't really speak English at all so that means i have to ganbaru (try my best) in Japanese for these coming 6 weeks.  Wow 3 companions in 3 transfers... ordinarily that would be questionable but my trainer had already been in Tama 3 transfers, my follow-up trainer went home, and now my current companion and I are going to ganbaru here in Tama.  He's been out 8 transfers, which is a little more than my 3 but not by that much.  His Japanese exceeds mine though.  Obviously right? 
 
Well far be it for me to say but I saw somewhat of a miracle this week.  We were at the church and we had jut finished a lesson.  Then we were leaving and our investigator flicked water at me.  So I did it back, then he got a cup of water and came after me.  Naturally I ran away  I ran outside and across the (very small)parking lot.  Because it was dark, I didn't see the chain that was stretched across 2 poles.  It was knee height, and I was sprinting.  It caught me just below the knees and caused me to me flip.  I would have landed on my head on the asphalt had it not been for the fact that my backpack slipped forward and ended up being between my head and the ground.  That's the first part of the miracle.  The second part is that upon returning to the church the next day, I realized that had I been running a meter or so to the left of where i was, i would have hit the lowest part of the chain, which would have caught me right around the ankles, which would have resulted in Elder Keith doing a faceplant/belly flop dive onto asphalt.  That would not have been fun.  But I came out of it with a nice looking cut/bruise/indent on my leg(s), and a good lesson learned. 
 
So that's what's what for Elder Keith.  Oh by the way if there are any words you want to know in Japanese or the kanji or anything then email me and i'll post it here at the end of each weekly letter.
So now I close by saying ありがとうございます。いつも、神さまの導きがあるように祈って下さい。皆さん、愛しています。
=D
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

1 comment:

  1. We love hearing how Elder Keith is doing. Thanks for keeping the blog up to date.

    ReplyDelete