Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 5

Konnichiwa from Utah!
So this past week it feels like we had a tonne of stuff happen.  I'll start with probably the freakiest thing that happened to me since I've been at the MTC.  So It was about 12:30 at night and we were all sleeping.  When all of a sudden I awoke to the horrible sound of metal screeching against metal.  I sleep on the bottom bunk.  So my first thought was that the top bed was falling on me!  So I immediately put my hands and feet up to hold up the bed and I started screaming frantically.  This because I had just woken up.  So then I told my companion to get off the bed so that I could get out.  But he told me he was just thinking what a weirdo, what are you thinking.  This is because since I've been here there have been multiple occasions where I've slept-talked.  So anyways he didn't get off and after a minute or so I put my hands and feet down thinking it would be fine because until then I hadn't actually seen anything.  As soon as I put them down though, the corner of his bed began tipping towards my head!!  So I immediately started holding it up again and I told my companion to get off the bed again.  He asked me if I was awake like 3 times after that.  Then I quickly moved to the floor and I told my companion so.  He was appalled because he didn't think anything was happening.  So he's like whatever and he rolled over at which point the corner of his bed dipped!  After a "You've gotta be kidding" he climbed out of bed and we turned on the light to see what had happened.  It turns out that (the theory is that in my sleep) I kicked up the top frame and lifted it out of it's bracket.  The only reason it didn't actually fall on me was because one corner of the frame caught on the bracket.  I'll send you pictures so you understand what I mean.  So we ended up taking both of our mattresses off the bed and just sleeping on the floor.  We fixed the bed the next morning and life went back to normal haha. 
 
So the next exciting point of the week was that for the Sunday evening devotional one of the Sisters in our district was asked to say the closing prayer which resulted in the 8 elders in our district being asked to be the ushers for the meeting!  It was so cool.  I got to wear an "usher" button and show people where to sit and I got to stand facing about 2100 missionaries.  Then we got terrific seats for a hilarious devotional.
 
The final point of my week definitely worth mentioning is that for our Tuesday evening devotional last week we had a terrific speaker.  Me and my companion went early to get good seats.  So we're sitting waiting and one of the head ushers got up to the mic and said "If  one of the brethren enter please stand."  Moments later we were all standing.  We had Russell M. Nelson of the quorum of the 12 come and speak to us!  It was truly an incredible experience.  So that concludes my week.
I was wondering how that making of that picture album is coming along too mom?  Whenever someone brings in a picture album it's like missionary TV haha. 
Thanks for the package and the camera!  I really appreciate both of them.  I miss you all and am keeping you in my prayers.
 
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment