Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 6

So wait, it's November already?  Goodness gracious where does the time go.  This week, like all the other weeks went by soooo fast.  We had a lot happen this week.  The first thing was that last Tuesday, October 26th, we had Elder Richard G Scott of the Quorum of the 12 come and speak to us.  It was soooo incredible.  You can really just feel the aura that radiates from him.  He spoke to us about the Spirit and following it's guidance.  It was such a good day. 
 
So after that life returned to normal.  We wake up, study, eat, go to class, eat, go to class, eat, and then go to class some more.  Oh yeah we get an hour of gym time somewhere in there too.  It's funny what my definition of normal has become.  So we have this thing called the TRC (the Teaching Resource Center) which we go to every week to practice teaching and to practice different tasks.  The different tasks take 15 minutes and have always been in Japanese.  Then we had lessons in English that lasted for 35 minutes.  BUT because last week was week 5 (which makes this week week 6 which means I'm more than halfway through the MTC ahhh) we had the task in Japanese and then we had to teach the first lesson in Japanese!!!!  For 35 minutes!!!!  We say the difficulty level is "kyu sen ii jo!!"  Which translates to "it's over 9000"  To be honest I probably only caught about 35-40% of what the guy was saying, but I was able to respond a lot of the time and the rest of the time I just tried to look like I understood what he was saying and then moved on.  It's really an eye opener but I'm going to have to get used to it because from here on out the rest of the lessons are going to be in Japanese.
 
So the last 2 things I was going to mention was (one of them) that I have started learning Kanji.  That's right and so far I think I have about 25-30 memorized.  Only 1970 more to go.  I'm on a roll. 
 
The last thing was that I discovered that I'm allergic to something that they have here in the cafeteria and I've narrowed it down to either Strawberry Orange Banana Juice or Caffeine free coke.  I say this because the other day I had both and that night my upper body erupted with hives!  Just like that one time when I was at home.  The only difference being that this case was worse.  So then I thought it was the juice at that point so the next day I had a glass of coke and then later that night I found that I had sporadic little patches on my arms and upper body.  Luckily one of the Elders in my district had some Benadryl so I was able to take some of that and just go to sleep.  The second day me and my companion skipped gym to nap because he was feeling really sick and I had hives on my legs.  But by the end of the day I was completely free of them.  So now I seldom have more than water and chocolate milk and I'm avoiding coke entirely. 
 
So that's the story of what's been happening here in the MTC.  It's hard to believe that I'm already more than halfway through my MTC experience.  Tomorrow I become a Senpai.  One of the seniors here at the MTC.  So also I have to say that my Halloween experience was probably the lamest one I've had in my life.  I was a missionary!! Which isn't lame but...  So I hope everyone is well :) Ai shite imasu.
 
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment