Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 8

Ohayo gozaimasu,
 
So this week was full of good points. I'll start with the sleepwalking story of the week. (I guess I should start having one every week eh?)  So Sunday night I had a dream.  That in these other elders room that there was a door that I really urgently needed to get into.  So in my dream I opened the door and looked in and upon seeing that the door wasn't there I was disappointed.  That's all I remember.  So the next morning, I was thinking "Wow, what a vivid dream" and I asked the Elder who's room it was, if they locked their door at night.  He said no and then laughed and said "Are you the one that opened our door last night? I woke up at 1:30 a.m. and the door was open."  So I guess I didn't only dream it.  The funny thing is though, that this elders room is a good 30 metres or so down the hall, so I made quite a trek. 
 
So the other cool thing that happened this week was that we had Nihonjin (Japanese people (missionaries)) arrive yesterday.  There are 3 Elders and 8 Sisters!!  It was so cool to be able to talk to them.  And comparing these Nihonjin to the last group I understood tonnes more and was able to respond.  It's kinda funny though,because there was an Elder and a Sister Kishi (brother and sister) who arrived.  But when they say his name it sounds more like "kish" (keesh) which is really close to my last name in Nihongo "kisu" (kees).  But it's still awesome to have them around.  But that means I only have 3 weeks left in the MTC and 1 week until we get our flight plans!!!  AAAHHHHHH!!!!
 
So I can't say that this week was totally full of good points though.  I did have to deal with a couple bad days actually.  For various reasons.  And I guess that's life.  Being a missionary doesn't prevent you from getting angry or being in a bad mood.  But I do work my best to not have those days and it really does pay off.  They don't happen that often.
 
 
Tonikaku...  The final point I wanted to mention was that last Tuesday we had yet another Member of the Quorum of the 12 come and talk to us.  4 in a row!!!  I wonder what it is that we as missionaries need to learn for them to send us 4 Apostles in a row.  We were assured though that there wouldn't be another one this week, which is kinda disappointing but it means that we got to finish with one of my favourites.  David A Bednar.  He is probably the one that I've enjoyed the most too.  He came and talked to us about doctrines principles and applications.  It was terrific.  It was also truly spiritually uplifting to me because one of the things I've been praying for is how I can make my scripture study more effective.  When we were in DDR (district devotional review) afterward that's when it hit me that his talk was the answer that I'd been seeking.  That, that was how I was going to make my scripture study more effective.  You just can't describe the feeling you get when that happens.  You really can see that the Apostles are truly inspired men.  I feel so privileged to have heard some of their words.  And with this I bid you Sayonara til next week
 
$B%-%9D9O7 (B
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment