Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 7

So the end of week 6 brought some pretty interesting things.  First I'll start with the lighter stuff.  So last night I was just chilling in our room and chatting with a couple other elders and I looked at the bottom of my foot.  And I began to wonder "what are all these little red dots?"  So I asked one of the elders who was there "is this athlete's foot?"  and he's like yeah.  So I have athletes foot.  One of the elders in my room had some stuff to spray on so I put it on last night and this morning to get rid of it.  The other thing is it's kinda funny to realize just how much I sleep walk.  The other night I woke up (but didn't really wake up) in the hall outside my room with my blanket balled up in one hand.  I can't seem to recall how I got out there or how long I was out there.  My companion was like what's it gonna be like in Japan?!  Ummmm let's see what else...   Oh yeah I'm up to weighing 182 now.  It's funny because I never though I'd put on weight but I've done nothing but that since I got here.  Besides studying and sleep mind you.  The thing is that I don't show the weight that I've gained.  However it turns out that the pants we bought, while they fit, sitting in class with them all day got to be kinda tight around the waist.  So I had them expanded.  (sheepish grin)  heh heh heh
 
So the next thing is that we got new kohai.  Kohai means junior and it's the term we give to the senkyoshi (missionaries) who came here after us.  There's only 6 of them though.  4 Elders from various parts of the states and an elder from Thailand (the first ever missionary from Thailand going to Japan) and a sister from New Zealand.  So it's pretty cool to see.  And it's very empowering to think just how far I've come since I got here. 
 
The last thing I wanted to mention was that last week marked Sannin Shito!!  Meaning 3 apostles.  Last week we had Elder M. Russell Ballard come and talk to us and he gave a tremendous talk.  It was really inspiring.  At some point I'll get around to copying and sending the notes that I took home, that way you all can read them.  It was terrific.  He really is an inspired man and you can just feel the aura that radiates from him.  He reminded me a lot of Grandpa Keith.  Maybe because they look alike.  But also just because of they way they are. 
 
Well I must conclude with the statement.  I have less than a month left until I'm headed to Japan!!!  Aaaaahhhhhhhh.  Time really does fly by here at the MTC.  And I would highly encourage anyone planning on going on a mission to do so.  It's the best experience ever and you can feel the spirit so strong.  I miss you all and you all are in my prayers.  Mata ne
 
Elder Keith

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes -- the good old MTC widening of girth is hitting Elder Keith. Well -- he has a whole lot of time ahead of him to tract that off. ;)

    ReplyDelete