Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 4

Mina-san Konnichiwa
 
Watashi wa genki desu.  So this week was fairly typical as far as MTC life goes.  We had class, we ate, we slept.  But the weeks go by incredibly fast.  I've been out 4 weeks already!  It's insane.  The one thing that did change this week though was that my companion and I were asked to say the Sacrament Prayer on Sunday.  In Japanese.  It was an incredible and humbling experience.  Both of us were practicing like crazy beforehand.  One of the things I love about the MTC is the amount of inspired people I get to spend my time around.  All the terrific firesides and such.  It really is awesome. 
 
So every week we have what's called a task.  And that's where we go to a building and do some contacting in Nihongo (Japanese) and then we teach a lesson.  Up until now the lessons have all been in English.  And this week the lesson's in English too but next week we're going to have to teach in Nihongo as well.  For 35 mins!!!  It really doesn't feel like I'm learning Japanese all that fast but there again I guess everyone in the class feels the same way.  With an exception or two.  But I love it and I know that I can do it.  Just like in the Sunday School lesson my companion and I gave on Sunday, I have hope :)  I hope you're all well.  Arigato gozaimasu for everything you've done for me. :)
 
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment