Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 2

Konnichi wa kazoku,
Life is going really well here at the MTC.  How about those sessions of Conference eh?  They were so good.  I'm sure you priesthood holders were looking for me in the Priesthood choir that sang at the Priesthood session but unfortunately I didn't happen to be there.  The missionaries who were chosen to sing were picked before we even got to the MTC.  It was still incredible to hear them though.  So the Japanese is coming.  Slowly but surely it's coming.  I can definitely see why I need 12 weeks here in the MTC.  Well technically it's really only 10 and a half.  But for sure I need it.  Yesterday we had some Japanese Elders come to the MTC.  They all got called to Japan.  And at most they only speak a word or two of English.  It's really cool to hear them speak too!  They speak really fast and I find I am able to pick out some of the words.  As it turns out their rooms are just a few doors down from mine.  So last night I was able to just go up and speak to them.  And some of the Senpai (the senior elders called to japan) were able to speak to them no problem.  I was wearing my red 'Sugoi' shirt and it turns out that sugoi is japanese for like good or sweet.  It really gave me confidence just talking to them and hearing them speak.  I want to say thanks for all the letters and to keep them coming.  A note about letters too.  Only yesterday (Monday) did I receive letters that had been sent on the 24-26 of September.  So that means that written mail takes about a week and a half to get here. This also leaves me in doubt as to whether you have gotten the letters I sent yet.  I appreciate everything that comes my way though (especially the treat box mom ;)  just kidding).  It really helps me with the homesickness which I am not as immune to as I thought.  I miss you all terribly, but I know that this is where I'm supposed to be.  I don't let it interfere with my learning though.  In fact it's easier when I'm learning because I'm so busy I don't have time to be homesick, but General Conference was almost like a break ha ha.  In any case, I am well and I hope that all of you are doing well too!  You're in my thoughts and in my prayers. 
Keith Choro
(Elder Keith)

No comments:

Post a Comment