Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 3

Happy Turkey Day to every one back home!!  We haven't had thanksgiving yet so I can't really say what it's going to be like.  !!!!!   It got down to -1?  NICE!  Oh how I miss the coldness of Canada.  It's started to get a little bit more brisk down here but I would still walk around in a short sleeve given the choice.  When we wake up in the morning I'm the only one who's not cold!  You're still setting my place for me? =D  Well I'm there in spirit.  So this week I got called down to church travel services because they needed my passport and a passport picture (I did need one, go figure) but they were able to take one there.  Then on the way back my companion and I got the idea to tell people when we got back that I was being sent home.  Heh heh.  So we did just that and they all got the look as if to say "wait, what?" I was only able to hold it for about 3 seconds before I snickered.  So I have to say that the Provo Temple is incredible.  I'm so lucky to get to to go every Tuesday.  It has also come to my attention that missionaries coming to Provo from international places (yes Canada counts) on the last Friday before they leave get to go to the Salt Lake City Temple and do a session!!  I'm so excited for that but it's still a while away yet.  One of the guys in my room mentioned that we're like 3% done our mission!  And it's true.  It seems like a small amount but time is just flying by.  The days seem super long but the weeks are tremendously short.  If I was going English speaking I would be in the field by now.  The Japanese has decided that it will come to me about as quickly as a snail.  Sometimes that snail takes steroids and is able to run up a hill but others times it just decides no that hill is too hard.  So it's coming.  It's probably coming more than I realize but it doesn't feel like it.  Especially since we have some native Japanese Elders here for a couple weeks.  They don't speak very much English so speaking to them in Japanese is sometimes the only way.  Which at times makes me feel not so smart.  But I have confidence.  Well I am out of time for the week unfortunately.  Kazoku o kansha shite imasu! Love and miss you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment