Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 79

Mumsy dearest,
So march was like that huh?  Well for us, march just kinda puttered in then up and stormed out.  The temperature went up a bit.  I'm now wearing short sleeves under my suit jacket.  It's not that warm yet but it's not that cold.  (It never was that cold come to think of it...)  It rained pretty heavy the other day.  And wind like you wouldn't believe, me and my companion were out dendoing and then we got a text from the mission home saying that because there were areas of the mission that had received gale warnings, we had to return to our apartments.  The worst had already passed for us though haha. 
I'm so stoked for Conference.  It's always so fun to watch.  As missionaries it's one of the times that we look forward to the most.  And we get them all bam-bam-bam.  Like it starts at 12 on saturday, then it's 12-2, 3-5, and 6-8.  So instead of 2 hrs between sessions, we only have 1.  Just enough time to grab some munchies and say hi to a couple members before we get to go back and be spiritually saturated.
So yeah I'm excited.
How am I doing?  Well terrific is probably a good way to describe it.  We had a couple splits this week and had terrific days on both.  The one day, my temporary companion and I were able to give a Book of Mormon to the first person that we talked to.  Then the next split, we were planning and we had pretty much got the day planned out.  Then I suggested that we go and visit a member.  So we did and it turns out that the member wasn't home.  So then we started going to look for somewhere to eat.  Then one guy we stopped, my companion invited to come eat with us.  So he did!!!!!  We went and had gyudon. (meat on rice).  And it was way good.  When we were talking that night, I was telling him of how I remember my first split with my zone leader and how I thought it was awesome how he seemed to be way led by the Spirit.  Then the other missionary was like "Well you did the same thing.  If you hadn't suggested we go and visit that member then we would have missed that guy and missed out on a new friend."  Didn't quite hit me until then.
As for investigators.  Yeah we have a couple that we're working with.  One of them has a baptismal date, and he's looking pretty good. Then just yesterday I had an investigator of Elder Roberts (the other Canadian) call me because he actually lives in our area, so we made plans to meet and we'll probably start teaching him real soon.  Things are looking way good. They were kinda slow getting started though.  It didn't really help though that last transfer my enthusiasm was super low.  Not to blame it all on my former companion, but he was the reason for a lot of it...
And we get to go have dinner, (or lunch) with Uncle Mike tomorrow!  Way awesome.
But yeah, so that's me! 
Yeah my mission is awesome! 
Thanks =D
Love you
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment