Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 80

Heyyy,
 
So I don't have oodles of time this week but...
Sounds like Easter went way well over there.  Yeah the Japanese people don't really celebrate Easter.  Well the Christians do obviously. But the rest of them don't.  Like even within the church the only thing they really do is like an egg painting activity and maybe they'll do an egg hunt too.  But for the most part they don't really do much as a family. Yeah we were able to get together with Mike, as you probably know by now.  It was way awesome!!  Did it make me trunky?  No not really.  It just kinda reminded me that the future is coming up way faster than it's supposed to. 
And now I have LOTS of KISSES  wooooooohhooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Conference was absolutely incredible.  I went in there with questions.  And during the conference I didn't really feel like I was getting any answers.  Then after the conference I went over my notes and started highlighting the things that I wrote down that pertained to certain questions. It was then that I realized how many answers I was getting.  One of my questions was about extending my mission or not.  Like I got an email asking me to confirm my release date.  And I got to thinking that if I went home the early one, then I would have a better chance of getting into a job if I didn't make it into school.  So then I got to thinking that if I didn't make it into school, and I stayed until October, then I wouldn't really know what I would be doing.  When I went over the notes that I had taken, one of the things Dieter F Uchtdorf said in the Priesthood session was "Sometimes we need to walk into the darkness, having faith that the Lord will put solid ground beneath our feet."  Or something to that effect.  And then I realized that I am supposed to stay til October.  If I don't make it into school (and even if I do) that's kinda my 'darkness' the part of life that's coming up that I'm not really sure about.  But yeah it was way cool to recognize the answer to one of my questions like that.
And yeah I LOVE conference.  It's so awesome.  I've really come to appreciate it a lot more since coming on a mission too. I think all missionaries do that.
The work is progressing way good.  We actually have someone awesome that we're teaching (in like 30 mins haha) he's reading, he's praying, I'm pretty darn sure that he wants to get baptized.  It's going way awesome.  And yeah I'm still a zone leader. We have transfer calls in a couple weeks and we're really not sure what will happen.  There's a good chance that my companion and I will stay together, but on the other hand, who knows.  We really can't tell.
And I definitely agree on getting spiritual nourishment every day.  It's one of the key things that we ask our investigators to do.
You can do it!!!  =D
Yeah that's pretty much what's happened to me this past time stretch haha. 
Take care.  Love you.
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment