Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 61

Konnichiwa!!
 
Yes I did enjoy my American thanksgiving.  It was much fun and very filling.  And I forgot how much leftovers Americans/Canadians are used to making and having.  They probably didn't mention that they gave us just about all their leftovers huh?  Well they did.  And let me say there is a LOT!  Yeah they were awesome people to be able to eat with.  The one daughter, the brunette, said something, by accident, that made it look like she had an anti-Canadian opinion, which in turn was the source of much laughter from myself and everyone else.  Heh heh, my companion just finished emailing and he said that Brother Madsen was telling his family that there was much giggling from the two girls that were there. Bahahaha.  It was kinda weird to be around English people to be a little honest.  Like I could understand everything they were saying and they understood me perfectly, and just the mannerisms and whatnot. Not something I'm used to at all.  It's been a very long time since I've had an American meal like that.  Nothing but good to say about me?  Aww great!  xD  Heh heh yeah my companion does have that look that every new missionary has.  I totally remember having that exact same air about me when I was that young too.  It's weird because it's like the magicalness of everything has kinda died off now.  But nowadays as we enter winter season, I catch a smell or an atmosphere that totally brings me back to when I was a new missionary too. 
The missionary work is going good.  We're really working to do the best that we can.  Sometimes it feels kinda slow and sometimes people not replying to us is a little bit frustrating but it's all good.  Yeah right now we've got about 6 investigators.  But we have 4 lessons set up with people who are not investigators over the next 2 days.  So maybe that number will go up!  Definitely in a ward right now.  I think the noisy child/baby population is higher here than anywhere else I've been so far.  There's about 80-90 people in total I think.  No I am no longer a district leader.  Doesn't mean I won't be one ever again but right now President needs me to be just a trainer.  Yeah I live in a... city?  It's call Fuchu-shi the 'shi' meaning city I think.  But there's a lotta people and it's not very countryside so yeah, I live in a city.
Yeah, we've got interviews on the 7th so, I will ask President then about calling the weekend before.  Shouldn't be a problem. And so, do you guys have a Skype account too?  Because you might just need that xD...  If for whatever reason we aren't able to do it before then almost certainly we would do it after.  But I don't think that there would be a reason not to do it before.
 
YOU HAD SNOW!!!!  I WANT SNOW!!!!  haha that is one of the things that Japan is severely lacking is some good solid snowfall.  Like It's starting to get a little bit chilly out nowadays but like nothing compared to what you guys are seeing.
And yeah I remember Sam Richards.  Quite well actually.  That was actually really shocking to hear.  I was never like close with her or anything but I remember her from gr 8 and then I sat next to her in Math in gr 9.  Does anyone know how or why?  Like I know that she didn't exactly have an easy life but it never seemed to me that she was like suicidal or anything like that.  That's so sad.  That's one of the reasons I'm so glad to have this gospel as an anchor.  Gives me hope for things to come and hope in our Saviour.  This gospel's really terrific you know?
 
Well give everyone my yoroshiku (pronounced yo-ro-sh-koo) which means my greeting/say hi for me, when you go to the gatherings and such.  Hope you guys have a wonderful, awesome, subarashii, fantastic Christmas season.  Lots of love to you from me your son,
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment