Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 62

Ai suru ryoushin,
 
This letter does find me well.  It's actually not very often that I'm not well.  I am definitely doing better than Ben Glowa what with his Giardia and all.  Bummer!!!   The sporadic rash/eczema patches are mostly going away.  I've started thinking that some of them may be coming from the laundry detergent that I've been using so I've been cutting back on the amount that I use.  But go see a doctor?  In Japan?  ... only if I absolutely have to... xD  =P
 
You had Christmas dinner ah yes, the reminiscence of it.  I look forward to when we'll have one of them big dinners when I'm home.  Yeah those are always fun!  How are the missionaries there by the way?  Are they fun or boring?  Well they better be having fun those lucky bums get to eat at my house. 
 
You guys are losing your snow?  That's a bummer.  It can't decide whether or not to get cold or stay hot here.  It fluctuates so much. 
And don't worry about the Christmas package being imaginative or not.  I'll be happy to get anything you want to send me. 
These past few weeks have been really good and really fun for me. The only thing is that recently, (maybe it's because it's the Christmas season, maybe things got busier,  maybe a lot of things) but sometimes, even though I'm with a companion 24/7, I feel like I'm alone. I feel like there's a million things to do and that I'm the one that's gotta do them all.  Maybe that's a feeling that all trainers get at some point.  But sometimes I feel that I've been spending all my time helping other people, my companions, my investigators, the members, but when the time comes, I don't feel like there's anyone to help me. To be honest it's kinda discouraging sometimes. But the thing that keeps me going is talking about it to people I know I can trust. One of them being my mission president. The other one (besides you guys) is God. Before my mission when I would go to say my personal prayers, I would look at the clock before and after (and I'm not saying do this) and see how long my prayer was. Before my mission it was often hard for me to pray. If I said a prayer that lasted 10 minutes that was huge. But then since coming on my mission I've really learned to rely on the Lord. I've recognized the importance of prayer and the peace and help that it can bring into our lives. There was one time when I was feeling a little discouraged, a couple months ago, and I went and prayed. I just literally prayed about everything I was worried about all the things that I was thankful for. I just, for one of the first times in my life, poured out my heart to Him. Now I didn't time it or anything but based on the things that were happening in the apartment at the time I realized that I had been praying for at least 40 minutes. It felt so good too. I just wanted to share that experience that I had with you. 
 
It's amazing to see the growth in myself that I can recognize.  That was a very spiritual moment for me.  But there's too many to name.  Most of the time it's realizing that something that I did had a far bigger impact then I originally thought it did.  I'll think about the funniest moment and get back to you.  Remind me ok?
 
The investigators are...coming.  Sometimes I think a little slowly but we're doing our best and working with them to help them see the truth of our message. 
 
Thanks for the love and support that you have for me.  It's really awesome for me to feel this!  I love you so much.  Words don't adequately express it you know?  And the thing that I feel I've come to understand a lot more is what love is and how to love someone.  Ask me about it sometime because I"m kinda outta time now.  Heh heh.  Love you.
 
Elder Keith
キース長老
 
PS:  How's Ben doing?  Is his new job going well for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment