Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 63

こんにちはfrom the land of the rising sun
So I guess to start out.  Life is going very awesome for me.  But it's also one of those heart-tugging times for missionaries.  We start to think about family just a little more.  But it's also weird to think that this is more than likely going to be my last Christmas in Japan... :'(  But that being said, I really miss you guys.  Like it's not something I think about very often.  Not very often at all to be honest, but that's because we're so busy that we don't have time.  Like this week for example.  Didn't have time to take Pday until today.  But you know?  it's just kinda there.  I love hearing about everything and how everyone's doing.  Living vicariously through letters.  But it's good that Christmas only happens once a year.  xD heh heh heh.  It's funny too because I can like vividly picture what 's happening and how it's happening and where it's happening.  The tone of voice used to make jokes I hear about.  I can picture/hear an email being read. It's way cool. 
So my new missionary is doing awesome as well.  His confidence and his Japanese are getting better at an incredible rate.  Sometimes we have differences of opinion on certain matters.  Like he's just outta high school this year so there's still some subtle things that I pick up on that haven't quite matured just yet.  So I'm trying to figure out how best to deal with them, whether they be things that I'm not particular on or things that I need to correct.  (o^-^o) I never did like stepping on people's toes.  But being 'the resource' is way cool actually.  I don't really mind it.  It's kinda like a  "Here's how you're doing and how far you've come Elder Keith" check.  All the questions he asks, the problems with the language, just everything, is the same!  That and we have a LOT in common he has 3 younger siblings (all sisters mind you xD) his hometown is 750 people. His life was sports.  He knew the same amount of Japanese as me going in to the MTC.  He sleep talks (ALOT.  actually a lot more than me if you can believe it.  but I currently sleep talk in Japanese... and English... in the same sentence... xD)  But it's like every time we talk we find something else that we have in common.  He's an awesome guy.
 
Aw man that comment from Thomas too.  ehh.  =D  if that doesn't make me trunky... haha.  But yeah things are doing way awesome.  And I'm so glad that I'm still able to be a part of Adam's life too.  Because like before my mission we got really close.  We stayed up late one night in my room just talking.  It doesn't really hit you how much you miss and love everyone until you're away from them for this long.  But don't worry.  I'm not like homesick or anything.  But just having come to learn a lot more about love on my mission has been a tremendous blessing for me.  If I had to come home now I would already be a changed person.  And I have more changing to do yet!  xD 
Wow can Adam ever sleep too!  At least things are overall progressing right? 
Yeah President Albrecht is a pretty awesome guy.  And even if he wasn't the members here in Japan just love the missionaries.  Or at least they love me by the end of my first 6 weeks there.  xD  Like recently our bishop said to us, "During the winter, be careful.  Like take breaks and go warm yourselves.  Be careful not to catch a cold.  Don't dendo (proselyte) too hard."  ... Sometimes the Japanese people are a little bit oversensitive/careful with health-related things but still.  I can feel their love.  And I also have a family from Tama, my first area, that told me to call them if I ever get a companion that bullies me.  And I saw them like 2 weeks ago and they said the same thing.
But anyways, at the risk of this becoming a chapter book, I will end here.  Just know that I'm happy.  I think I'm healthy (I'll have to double check that haha).  And I'm worthy.  Yeah Japan and missionary life is soooo awesome!  Love you guys.
Take care.
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment