Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 57

Heyy! 
 
Yeah my week has been pretty busy.  There's pretty much always something we can be doing as missionaries.  So yesterday I got to go a WWII museum with one of our investigators.  It's called Yasukuni shrine and it was pretty cool I guess.  They had a lot of stuff that was like 'legit.'  Like swords, guns, artillery, uniforms etc.  It's actually a really controversial place because the ashes of the war dead are there and the Japanese usually pray to their war dead.  But it's controversial because among the Japanese war dead are some internationally recognized war criminals.  So when the Prime Minister goes to pray there, countries like China and Korea get really offended.  But we were fine. 
Our companionship is going really well.  We get along terrifically.  The only thing is that we get transfer calls this weekend and since my companion has been here for 4 transfers (the equivalent of 6 months) there is like a 99.99% chance that he will be transferring out.  Which will leave me and I have a really big suspicion that President Albrecht is going to ask me to train next transfer.  We had a big group last transfer and I think we have a big group coming this transfer too, and a new rule in place says that trainers and new missionaries stay together for 2 transfers, that gives me a very high possibility of training.
The work is progressing... yes.  It doesn't feel very fast right now but I think that this transfer my focus wasn't supposed to be entirely on investigators.  Which may sound strange because that's the image most people have about missionaries and missionary work but this is the case only the majority of the time.  Not quite all the time.
Naaahhhh.  My rash is doing better thanks.  It's clearing up as the colder weather comes in and as I remember to put that cream on it.  heh heh heh. xD Yeah I now know well the effects that sweaty shirts have on a guy.  My torso was chafing really badly, all summer and only a few days ago has started clearing up... heh heh heh...  xD  ahhh life.  ups and downs eh?
So yeah it's been a rather interesting turn of events recently for me xD.  But life is going way awesome.  I'll let you know how transfers go next week when I email but for now I'm outta time.  Thank you so much.  Love you bunches!
 
Elder Keith
キ ー ス 長 老
(ki i su choh roh)

No comments:

Post a Comment