Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 56

Hey!!!!!!!
So I'm kinda running low on time today.  We thought it would be a good idea to go and see a 'trick art museum'  it was way awesome!  I'll send you some of the pictures when I myself get them.  My camera died so I had other people take pictures of me xD.  Ahahahaha. 
So to answer some questions:
Well I guess it's not that black suits are not allowed but if you wear all black (white shirt, but black everything else, tie included) that is what they wear only to funerals.  Yeah it's a cultural thing and so I think they put an over-emphasis on it just to be careful and make sure that some people don't accidentally offend anyone.
The new suit that I bought was 16,000¥ Which is $210.  But it came with 2 pair of pants and it's machine washable.  And I was in drastic need of a new suit.  It didn't click when I first arrived that I should save one suit to only wear Sundays and conferences and such, so I alternated days throughout all last winter.  And let's just say neither of them is the cleanest thing in the world.  I may actually not even have one of them at the moment...  heh heh heh... some things never change huh?
Yeah putting money in my account would be awesome, all though there is one thing I kinda wanna request... Could you get me a big package of hershey kisses?  We can't really find those here in Japan.  If there's anything else then you can put money into my account but other than that... xD
The adjustment to Fuchu is going well.  It gets easier with every passing day.  It's very tokai (city) compared to slightly inaka (country) Kofu.  But it's going well.  I was so busy that I had absolutely no time to worry about anything else then what was I was doing.  I was coordinating the missionary end of things for a SA activity that happened here in Fuchu.  I had to coordinate and get 30 missionaries into this area on the same day at the same time.  I have never spent so much time on the phone in my life!  But was it ever fun xD.  Well I didn't think so like 5 days ago but looking back it wasn't that bad!  But it was way good for both the missionaries and SA's alike so I feel good about it.
Ahhh russets were they called?  Naru hodo (I see).  Well we were just given a lot of apples  (like 38) from one of the other elders whose parents have connections.  Good thing too because apples here go for like $150 EACH!  Yeah right.  Our problem now is to find people to give them to because we can't eat them all ourselves.
So the ward is like 80-90ish people
Do we have any investigators?  Yes but they're not doing so well right now.  Not quite sure what they want from meeting with us.
Large city
Things are going well as district leader.  Everyone in my district is soooo awesome!
We all meet together usually at least twice a week.  Once for district meeting and once for an investigator sports night.  oh and one of the elders in my district is Canadian.  His name is Elder Roberts and he's from Cardston.  He actually knew Dawson for a couple months before they came to Ontario.  How awesome is that?
The weather is gradually getting cooler. -finally-.  but yeah we won't see snow until like February probably. =( I've realized I really miss snow!
Well there was a huge typhoon the other day.  Typhoon Roke.  I was in the middle of that bad boy xD.  But beyond that it hasn't been too bad.  In Kofu though I actually did bike through a typhoon (a different one) to go see an investigator.  That was wet!  xD
So yeah that's what's up with me.  I'm doing well for the most part.
Still working on battling some rashes that developed due to excessive sweaty shirt and skin contact during the summer but yeah. I'm good!  Don't even worry about it!  xD  Glad to hear that everyone is doing well in and with everything.  And thanks for Thiago's address.  That made me happy.
 
Thank you for everything.  Love you so much.
 
Elder Keith
キース長老
 

No comments:

Post a Comment