Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 55

Konnichiwa!
 
Yes all in Japan is going rather well.  Yep working hard, yep enjoying spreading the gospel!  Being district leader is still going well indeed.  No complaints whatsoever.  Well I have like no time anymore to write in my journal but I do enjoy calling everyone every night to talk.  xD 
That's great that Brother Pelletier is doing better.  That's gotta be a hard thing, a 6 bypass heart surgery.  what does that even mean anyway?  Yeah I can picture Sandy really working to do his best as branch president.  That's right Davin leaves on his mission way soon too!  Waaaahhh.  Speaking of missions.  I know he's just barely started walking again but how is Ben in regards to mission prep?  He's got like less than a year then he's eligible to go right? 
One of the things that I realized that I have to do a lot of as district leader is coordinating.  I have to plan out when district meetings happen and then I have to go and do splits.  It seems like all the coordinating of rides and people going places and stuff that I did before my mission was just preparing me haha.  In regards to that talk at general conference too, it's way fun to look back and see how far I've come.  I recently went on a split with a missionary who was on his 2nd transfer (like 2.5 months out) and when we went streeting (tracting) he would say as much as he could and then he would look to me and I would take over.  I can remember when that would happen to me and I would look at my companion and wait for him to take over.  It is very rarely that that happens to me now.  I'm nowhere near fluent but it's not very hard for me to convey the ideas that I want to express.
So tell me another story from your mission dad, I'm curious as to what a non-Japanese mission is like.  Because basically all missionaries who come to Japan have this image that missionary work in your own language is easy.  I'm wondering if that's actually the case or not.
So yeah this week, we really didn't have too much happening.  It feels like things are getting busier but we'll see whether it's actually the case or not. 
I had the chance to go to an American base today too!  My companion's parents are in the military, and so we went and picked up a bunch of stuff.  It was sooooooooo weird to go there.  Like you have absolutely no idea.  My eyes were SO wide the entire time.  Like, it made me way uncomfortable.  It was so weird.  
But yeah that's what's up with me this past week.  What kind of things do you guys want to hear about Japan/me/anything?
Let me know!
Thanks so much, you guys are absolutely terrific.  Love you Mom and Dad!
 
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment