Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 59

Hey Mom and Dad,
So yes things are looking rather good for me right now.  Save we became/will become busier than we have ever been before!  Our mission goal was to have 300 baptisms by the end of the year, and because of the earthquake we suffered a little bit of a setback. Unfortunately.  We are currently sitting at just over 100 but we've all committed to get that goal.  And so, as a result, myself and my NEW companion, have set a goal to try and get 60 baptisms here in Fuchu.  So we're going to be VERY busy.
Speaking of new companions... yes he is here.  His name is Elder Hosier and he is from Alamo Nevada.  And life's been one big adventure since.  Our first week has been way good.  We're way similar.  And I mean way similar.  He reminds me a lot of colin actually.  Not his personality but the way he looks.  It's weird. And cool.  In a funny sorta way.  Yeah I remember being that new.  Being with him takes me right back.  It's hard to think that almost a year has gone by since I first came to Japan and as experiencing the same thing that he's going through now.  Yeah I kinda recorded my first impression of  Japan.  Well like I recorded what we did and how I felt, and then reading those entries makes me remember the stuff that I didn't write down.  It's incredible.  I've actually gone back a few times and read what it was like for me.  It's funny to see the change in myself, how my emotions slowed down and my thinking changed etc.  And my taste buds.  I realize some of the things I like now, I didn't like back then.  And Derek's getting ready to go on his mission!  That's awesome.  I think he's ready to go on a misson xD.  You guys had an area seventy come to your stake conference?  Way cool!  I got to see one at the last stake conference that I went to.  You're getting snowflakes!!!  No fair!  I haven't even started wearing a suit jacket on a regular basis yet.  It's still super warm out. 
And yeah Dad would have to have one in my honour wouldn't he (a slurpee).   -_-'  hahaha.  well get the good kind!  xD but the thing they do have in japan that I haven't seen anywhere else is melon flavour.  like green honeydew melon in anything you can think of.  melon soda, melon pan (bread) , melon slurpees, it's wayyy dang good.  ahhhhhhmmmmmm.  maybe just a big bag of hershey kisses.  I want the kisses to give to people because in japanese my name is read 'ki-su'  which is very close to the japanese word for kiss which is kisu.  (the [-] elongates the sound. But yeah things are going way good with me on this end.  How's everyone else doing?
Love you
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment