Friday, November 11, 2011

Week 58

こんにちは!!(konnnichiwa)
Yes this letter finds me in terrific shape!!  I've stopped chafing (finally) xD.  Mentally doing awesome.  Spiritually...maybe like soaring is a good word for it.  So my favourite thing about my mission so far... Probably the chance to study every day and really have my life focused on the gospel.  But then there's going back for Mai's baptism.  Coming back to the honbu (mission home) after coming back from Nagoya.  I LOVE the food.  I love the people.  The culture.  The respect that everyone has for each other.  The cheapness of certain snacks. The language. 
I think the biggest adjustment would probably have to be living with other people's quirks.  Every new companion I have has something different.  Some way they like to do things etc.  And it's just something that I've had to make an adjustment to.  They don't start fights but it's really opened my eyes more as to the diversity that there really is in the world. 
Have I done any sleep walking or talking?  Yes.  My zone leader was with me on splits and I remember him telling me that the night before I told him he was on the wrong side of the road... heh heh heh.
What do I dislike most?  Probably the serious lack of slurpee machines despite the unrivaled number of 7/11's.  There are more 7/11's here than anywhere else I've ever seen.  Even Florida.  But in my almost year here, I've only seen 1 slurpee machine. 
Do I dream in Japanese?  Occasionally.  Not very often.  And I think there was one that I had where in the dream it was Japanese, but I still didn't understand it.
Did I get transferred?  No. But my companion did.  He was a great guy.  And my new companion is... not...yet...in... Japan...
Yes that means what you might think it means.  Elder Keith is going to be training a brand new missionary.  Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!
I'm nervous but excited.  I'll let you know how it goes.  They get here on Tuesday and we meet them on Wednesday.  So that means yes I don't even know who it is yet.  I'll find out the same time that my new companion does.  And then we'll be off xD.  So yes.  Next big adventure!  Heh heh heh.  WHOOOOOOO!
The boys are getting tall.  Wow.  Dang.  I thought that I would have a little bit longer before I was the shortest of us all.  Well "us" being the boys. 
The highlight of my week?  Receiving transfer calls. I've actually really wanted to train for a little bit now.  Then we also got to have a terrific dinner with a potential investigator family that is absolutely in love with us.  And we feel the same love for them.  It was so awesome.
It really make me feel good, and happy to hear that everyone is doing awesome!  It really sounds like things have gotten like awesomely better since I left.  Not that things were bad.  They weren't.  But things just sound so great now.  I'm excited to come home.  But not excited to leave the mission xD.  If that makes sense.  Japan's just become a part of me you know?
Well that's my shpeel for the week.  I'll let you know how things go with my bean(greenie) next week.  Love you so much!
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment