Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 32 They took me out of Tokyo but they could never really take Tokyo out of me.

Ok where to start... So first off, Yes I am back in Tokyo.  Back in Tama to be exact.  And I have the same companion that I did when I left, Elder Furugen.  It's way awesome.  When I got the call I accidentally yelled for joy into the phone.  But I'm still 5 comps in 4 transfers.  And with the regular transfers only 3 weeks away and the fact this will be finishing my 3rd transfer in Tama, I'm not sure whether or not I will survive it.  But I am soo happy to be back.  I will try my best to describe what it was like coming back to the mission home.  It was like coming home.  It felt so right and the happiness that I felt was really unlike anything that I've experienced before.  There were a lot from my doki  too which made coming back all the better.  The Nagoya experience was good and I really applied myself there.  I made many friends in the area that I was very sad to leave.  But the feeling of coming home (to Tokyo) was completely overwhelming.  It's kinda like they took me out of Tokyo but they could never really take Tokyo out of me.  And I think that's a statement that may hold true for the rest of my life.  So now I get to pick up where I left off with investigators and members except that this time there is going to be a lot more member work being done by me and my companion.  When we got to out apartment there was a bunch of food on the table and a note basically saying welcome back.  The only bad thing was, that the power was cut for a while and our freezer had some veggies in it... and now... it has more than a few spots that are a nice shade of blue and the rankness that it smelled when it was opened...  heh heh...  aw man.  So coming back from Nagoya I actually got to take the shinkansen!  That's what the bullet train is called here in Japan.  It was like an airplane on the ground it was soo fast.
Yeah the weather is quite nice here too although it has been really rainy recently.  Major taihen, especially because my shoes have holes in the bottom...  Which is maybe one thing I want for my birthday.  A pair of shoes that are like 10.5-11 and slip on.  No laces please. I really hate to ask like that but I don't think they carry my size in abundance here in Japan.  So thanks a tonnes.  Can't wait to talk to you all.  Love you lots!  You're in my prayers.
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment