Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 74

EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Holy smacker doodle!  That's a lot of hullaballoo happening.  Wow, here I was expecting to leave as things were nice and peaceful and come back and have things be relatively the same, save people have changed a little and stuff like that.  Yet while I'm gone, the world says "Hey! Let's do a backflip!" I guess things are starting to happen.  Like I knew stuff was gonna change but holy smokes.
 One thing that I learned in the Elder Oaks conference was that, well I already knew it but the way he explained it made it way more clear to me, when we go to church to take the sacrament, in the prayer are the words "That we may always have his Spirit to be with us."  He told us a story about a man who went inactive for many many years.  His wife and children were still active but he was not.  Then one day he began making decisions that affected his family, saying that he was getting revelation to do so.  Elder Oaks then said in a powerful voice. "If you don't partake of the sacrament, then you will not have the spirit to be with you.  And at that time you can receive revelation, BUT IT WILL NOT BE FROM GOD."  I was like  woooooaaaaaahhhhhhhh. 
A couple years ago... heh heh.  Funny to think that I've already spent all of 2011 in Japan.  Can't say "Last year when I was home..." anymore haha. 
A picture of my potato cannon?  On a memory card somewhere...?  Or the computer?... Haha I have no clue. 
And Ben getting a job like that.  Wow.  I think that would be ichiban besuto (the best thing) for him would be to be able to get a room.  But wow, Ben moving out.  Life keeps going huh?

And the Elder Oaks conference was incredible.  He's so awesome and he said a lot of things that I needed to hear.  We also got to hear President Hallstrom speak.  And we got to go up and shake their hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Told him my name and where I'm from, I did.  Haha, and then during his talk he said "Wasn't there a missionary from Canada here (there were actually 2 of us, and we just happened to be sitting right next to each other) and we raised our hands and he looked at us and smiled "Oh yes. There you are."  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was sooooooo awesome!!!  But yeah it was the best.
So yeah that's the insights of Elder Keith on everything.  Haha.  Keep me posted on this whirlwind ok?  Wonder what life will be like when the weather's calm haha.  Love you tonnes!
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment