Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 72

Konnichiwa!
Ahhh they're closing the Hawkesbury area huh?  That's a way bummer.  But to be honest the work was kinda slow in Hawkesbury.  The thing is, when the work like that gets hard in an area like Hawkesbury, the solution isn't more tracting.  It's member work.   The thing is that members don't realize who of their friends are being prepared to hear the gospel.  It's either that the missionaries weren't asking, or the members just weren't willing to invite their friends.  Like even me before my mission I was like that.  Especially being at work in the new environment and stuff.  If I was then, who I am now, I would have invited so many more people to hear the gospel. 
Haha, there's my rant for the week.
No one really knows what a mission is like, or even really understands why they go until they get there and are doing it.  Like at first, I came on my mission, I knew I wanted to come and that it would be a great experience, but I had no idea why.  I looked at dendo as more of something I was supposed to do then something I wanted to do.  I've come to love the gospel, love the people, and it's become an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. 
Well the coat has an inner jacket, kinda like a spring jacket, and an outer one.  Either one can be worn individually.  And together they will be super warm.  I don't think it will ever get that cold though... And then once winter's over I'll either give it away or leave it in the apartment for some other missionary down the road haha. 
No progress with the English person quite yet.  And actually the work is a little slow in the area.  Unfortunately.  But we're gonna be doing our best to change that.  We didn't have too much chance to do that last week because we were so busy preparing for zone conference (we had to give training) and Stake Presidents Meeting (yeah we participate in that too).
Settled into being zone leader?  Yeah I guess so.   Haha.
So yeah that's what's been happening recently in my life.  Fun stuff.  And we get to go have a conference with Elder Oaks and Elder Hallstrom next Tuesday!  WAHOOOO!!!!!!  But yeah life is awesome. Japanese is fun.  Missionary work rocks my socks.  And because it was so close to Valentines, I got so much chocolate from so many different females at church on Sunday.  After you pick yourself up off the floor, just know that there's nothing sketchy about it.  The girls/RS were giving chocolate to all the brothers.  And then of course everyone loves the missionaries.  At least here they do.  Haha that's no lie.  My new ward is sooooo awesome!  
Thanks for everything!!  You guys mean the world to me!  Love you
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment