Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 70

こんにちは!
 
(pssst) Mom, it's choro. ;)  heh heh.  Frozen?  Not really at all no.  Haha, it's getting colder here that's for sure but I don't think that I would say frozen.  -28 huh?  well... that's pretty... cold. haha.
And speaking of the 'prepping.'  Haha, if there was a shifty-eyed emoticon (smiley) then it would have fit perfectly in there.
 
So I... (drumroll)... got transferred.  I am now in a place that they call Kawagoe (ka-wa-go-eh).  It's a little farther north of Fuchu, but still not that far away.  And this transfer is again going to be one of those hard ones, or at least one of those that make you stretch a lot ones.  Reason why being is that we whitewashed in.  That means that the other 2 Elders that were here got transferred out and that me and my companion transferred newly in.  My companion is Elder Sakae (sa-ka-eh) he's from near Osaka Japan.  Him being Japanese doesn't make it hard though.  I speak Japanese well enough now to be able to say, for the most part, what I want to say (so yeah looking back I really can see the progress that I've made in Japanese.  I've started to be able to make gags with the language.  They call them 'oyaji' here 'old grampa jokes' haha).  No the thing that makes this transfer hard is that we're both new zone leaders.  On the one hand, whitewashing is kinda hard. Then on the other, being a new zone leader probably isn't the easiest thing in the world.  Combine those and you get... us!   Woohoo.... yeah we'll see how much is left of me after 6 weeks. 
But get this on the 21st of February, Elder Oaks of the Quorum of the 12 and Elder Hallstrom of the Presidency of the 70 are coming to speak to us!!!!!!!!!  How darn awesome is that!!!
 
So yeah that's the what's up on this half of the world.
 
Way good job on your talk too!  Yeah I sometimes have to give talks, but it is quite rare actually.  More often than not I give a testimony on fast Sunday and then when I enter a new area or when I leave.  Besides that not too much.  But the other day I went to YM and talked to all of them for about 20 minutes about missionary work.  It was way fun.  Yeah I've noticed a big change.  I'm more my get-in-your-way-and-pretend-not-to-notice self again.  I say 'again', but I speak in reference to when I was a shy timid bean who hardly dared open his mouth, let alone get in someone's way.  And Japanese people are so polite and when I do it oftentimes they don't really know what to do.  But then after that they laugh, and I laugh, and it's a great way to build kankei (relationship--> as in member/missionary relationship).
 
But yeah great to hear everything's going well.  Keep me posted.  Thanks so much.  Love you tonnes.
 
キース長老
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment