Friday, July 22, 2011

Week 42

Just this past Saturday I was able to return to Tama for a baptism!  When I first got to Japan, my first day in the field.  I had a lesson with a girl named Mai.  I taught her basically the entire time I was in Tama.  And I watched her grow in testimony as we went.  On Saturday I was able to return and watch her be baptized.  It was such an incredible experience.  It was truly a joy for me to be able to do that.
Also this past week we had begun having lessons with someone who was an investigator a couple years back.  When we had our first lesson with him he told us that he wanted to be baptized.  We went and saw him yesterday and found out that his parents also want to be baptized.  They want to be baptized all together and we set their date for the 31st of this month.  We're now working with the shimai to make sure that they all know and understand everything that they need to in order to be baptized.
It's a good thing that we have the Lord on our side in this here missionary work stuff.  Without Him, this stuff would be pretty dang hard.
In other news...It has not gotten any colder hear.  Nor do I think it will any time soon.  
But this transfer is soooo awesomely fun so far.  It feels incredible to be working as hard as I can and not taking extra time for things that don't help people progress towards eternal life. 
I do believe that I have found a new hobby too!!  Killing Roaches!!
I found out to that if you spray them with dish soap enough they will die. 
And not 10 minutes ago I totally punted a cockroach!!  It was in the bathroom at the church and we tried to get it with dish soap but it ran out the door, so i tried to kick it back into the bathroom but instead it exploded.  xD  I picked up like 3-4 pieces xD
Dang roaches heh heh. 
Love you all.
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment