Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 40

Heyyyy  =D
So basically over the past couple of days we have had many things happen.  All have been good for once.  So on Friday night we received transfer calls.  I'm staying in Kofu, which is great because I love it here.  And the wards LOVES the missionaries.  So much!!!!  Then they told me that I was getting a doki companion.  His name is Elder Shiozawa and we were in the same room together at the MTC.  It was/is/will be terrifically awesome because we became like best friends in the MTC and it continued in the field and now, we're companions!  He is a 4th generation Japanese, but he was born and raised in America so we had basically the same skill level in the MTC.  But now I'm area senior (we're co-senior companions) and for the first time on my mission who is not miles ahead of me in Japanese.   So I kinda get the feeling that this will be a hard transfer.  But boy will it ever be fun!!   We're actually down to just 1 companionship now.  The church has like 120 people but it covers an entire ken (province).  Mount Fuji was terrific fun!!  It actually took us like 8 hours to get to the top though because my former companion was really trudging along.  It was so magnificent and it was soooo high.  Unfortunately I really didn't use enough sunscreen (typical me right?) and wound up with a pretty pink burn, mostly on my neck and hands.  then it took us 4 hours down because we took a different route.  Actually it was just the missionaries from Kofu and the ward that went.  It was soooo much fun and I took lots of pictures and stuff so you'll probably be able to get a feel for it when you get them.  This past week Kofu was the hottest place in Japan with a blazing 38C.  And as a missionary I know we're not supposed to go swimming but it's not hard when the humidity is like 1000%.  No lie it's way humid here.  We're in a basin surrounded by mountains...  oh dear.  And we've recently found a couple big roaches in the apartment...  oh no.  But besides those couple minor things everything is terrific right now.  I love my area and my companion and I love missionary work.  I now have a companion that doesn't have trouble with motivation and will work.  Yeah it will be awesome.
Dear goodness, today marks 7 months in Japan!  Time goes by too fast sometimes and too slow at others.    So yeah that's how things are with me right now in Kofu.  Thanks for all your support and everything.  
Love you. 
愛していますよ!
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment