Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 84

Hey Mom,
 
Yeah I have had a most excellent week and you?  Mine was extremely busy.  And boy do I ever mean busy.  But it was awesome.  Things are still moving at light speed too.  President Cannon gave a fireside?  That would have been interesting to hear. Mission Presidents always give some of the greatest firesides. Some of things that we did this week...  Well Tuesday we went on splits. Wednesday we had our English class.  Then Thursday (what an awesome day) we had the chance to go with a new member for the first time to the temple.  He was going to do baptisms for the dead. So we got into our baptismal clothes (my first time wearing a onesie xD) and then we were sitting waiting when one of our ward members who was organizing it, came up and said, Elder Shimamoto (my companion) go switch off for the guy doing the baptisms.  So then he went and switched with the guy and finished baptizing the people that were in the one line.  But after the first baptism they asked me to go and be one of the witnesses.  So I did.  Then after the one line was done, they're like 'Ok, Elder Keith it's your turn.  Go get baptized by your companion.'  So I did.  And then we switched.  I baptized my companion for about 5 names and then I baptized the remaining 5 or 6 people, one of whom was the new convert, another of whom was a deacon in the ward who was being baptized for his maternal and paternal grandfathers.  It was such an awesome experience.  And it was all in JAPANESE!!!!  Then after that, we hurried up and made it in time to take part in a session. It was a super awesome experience but man I was so worn out by the end of it. Had a bit of a headache the rest of the day actually.  But yeah that was awesome. 
This past week was what they call Golden week here in Japan.  It's a string of holidays that give most people almost  the entire week off. 
But for us we still worked haha.  Saturday started out looking white (no activities), then within the first 20 minutes after study, we no longer had any time to go proselyting, we had to go right from appointment to activity to appointment.  Everything just worked out so awesome.  Then we had 3 people come to church on Sunday.  2 of whom we had just  met in the past couple weeks.  It was such an awesome day.  But way super busy.  We've been soooo busy the past few weeks.  And the busyness will probably stay until at least the end of the transfer.
And yeah I am grandpa status now.  Actually pretty much everyone in the zone makes fun of me for it too.  xD  I'm not even the oldest one anymore but still all the 'You're so old!' comments are directed my way.  But it's fun.  But it does however continue to remind me that I don't have much time left... xD
So yeah that's pretty much what a missionary's life is.  Streeting, housing, lesson's with investigators, district meeting once a week.  Conferences every so often.  We talk to people we don't know just about everyday.  It's really rare to see the same person more than once without an appointment. 
And what do you think about that someone homestaying during the summer proposal of mine?  haha.
But yeah thanks so much for everything, and all you emails. =D
So we'll plan to do skype next week right?  Monday morning at 8 for me which means... Sunday night at 6? for you? 
The weather's getting hotter over here too.  Oh No!  Summer kills!  Haha.
But yeah that's the whats up from me this week. =D
 
Love you!
 
Elder Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment