Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 20

So... exciting events over the past 2 weeks.  Well...  last week we went to the Tama Zoo.  That was pretty dang fun.  And it was cheap too, like 600 yen for the whole day!  It was a rather good deal.  This past Sunday too we had stake conference.  I think I only understood when Sister Albrecht, our mission president's wife got up and spoke with a translator, and then when President Albrecht got up and spoke because his Japanese was not as complex as the rest of the people who got up and spoke.  So even though I paid attention the entire time, there really wasn't too much that I understood.  Japanese really turns out to be a slightly difficult language.  Who woulda thought eh?  I will say one thing though, everyone here in Japan is really genki!  Genki means healthy happy full of energy and the like.  
One of our investigators has a baptismal date set for the 19th and then we taught a man and his wife this morning who were extremely interested in the Gospel and want to bring their 2 daughters to learn about the gospel too and we committed them to baptism for the 15 of march.  They're real 金人 kinjin or golden investigators.  Yeah the work is going real well but it's still hard.  But oh well such is a mission right? 
 
Just thinking about it too, I realize that I've probably repeated myself in some of the earlier posts and for that I apologize.  When you become a missionary you start having a LOT to think about, especially if you're learning a language, and I can remember thinking, "did I write that already... nahhh."  But even though it's been probably the busiest time in my life I can honestly say that it honestly the best 2 years.  Even so far.  My companion, Elder DeBuse goes home at the end of the transfer so it's kinda fun to contrast.  I always tease him about being an old missionary.  But you definitely gain a greater appreciation for the scriptures and for the importance of bringing people to Christ.  It really is the way to salvation and eternal happiness.  I encourage all you young men, and young women, to prepare yourself and go on a mission.  It's definitely the best experience you will have.  I've had a little bit of a chance to work with the senior couple too.  They're terrific people and definitely needed.  Well with that I will close and cross my fingers that I have enough time and memory space to write next week.  皆さん元気になってね。 愛しています。 気をつけて下さい。

No comments:

Post a Comment