Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 93

Hail to the Bat Villa from the Roach Haven.
(-_-;)  Yep those roaches just a keep coming.  We're down to like one every other day kinda thing.   But yeah roaches in bed and baby roaches under the microwave and in the sink and ay caramba!  Did you know that the song "La Cucaracha" is all about a cockroach?  That's actually the title of the song too.  "The cockroach" in Spanish or Portuguese, I don't remember which.

My week?  Well.  Things are going good with my companion.  Kinda gotta take on a day by day basis sometimes.  We got a new mission president.  That's cool I guess.  We have a conference this coming Friday with him.  Seems like he's still getting settled and into the hang of it right now.
Oh and we got to go the temple again today.  That was way cool. 

So me and my companion were walking around and this guy calls out to us from behind.  He's bikes up to us and says (and this is all in Japanese by the way) "Hey do you know where Shinkenmigawa station is?"  We did and we kinda tried to explain it to him using landmarks but he didn't know any of them.  But we realized that asking for directions was not his main reason in stopping us.  Because as soon as we kinda finished he basically forgot about it.  But his next question was rather startling "Can you burp?"  Yeah imagine the look of confusion and surprise on my face too.  So he's like "You know like swallow air and make yourself burp kinda thing?  Can you do that for me?"  So we're kinda like "Uhhhhh yeah.... sure....."  So I do one and then he turns and gets my companion to do one.  Then He turns back to me and has me do it again.  Then again back to Elder Drummond.  So then he turns to me and say "How about 10x?"  I say "No that kinda makes me sick you know?"  Then he's like "ok just like 3-4x more?"  I was still kinda hesitant so he's like "ok just like 1 or 2 more."  Then he reaches out and touches my throat.  I stepped back a bit and asked him not to do that.  It wasn't threatening, just really weird.  Then he's like "It's becoming all the rage in school right now and I wanna learn how to do it, but I can't do it.  Will you do it again?  A big one?"  So I do one last one.  My companion doesn't.  Then he looks at our badges and says, "Oh yeah and I have interest in Christianity too."  So I pull out my phone and trade numbers with the guy.  Then  he thanks us and jumps on his bike riding back the way he came.   ... (?_?)  Figure that one out.  So then he texts us and we end up meeting with him again on Friday last week.   And our meeting went much the same as the first time.  With the burping and stuff.  We ended up giving him a Book of Mormon and talking for a little bit, then we had to go.  So he's kinda like a new investigator.  Kinda but at the same time not quite.  But yeah that was definitely a first for me in Japan.  ... In anywhere for that matter. 
Great huh?  Funny the stuff that happens.
Love you =D
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment