Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 51

Hey!!!
Ok so yes. How am I doing? I am doing terrifically.  Well actually I am currently terrified.  I am terrified because we have transfer calls coming up this weekend and I really really really don't want to be transferred.  I have really come to love Kofu.  My companion and I get along great most of the time and we are sooo busy we hardly have any time.  Like literally for the past 3 weeks we have not had an open night.  I think that all that pre-mission planning of events (when to go to whose house and so on) was in preparation for me having to move all these different appointments around.  So... items of interest in the work.  Well we have a man by the name of Yoda who we found about 5-6weeks ago.  We met him on the street.  He started coming to church and lately my companion has been teaching him with a member before church while I go to our missionary coordination meeting.  He has a baptismal date set for October 8th.  He's doing really well.  We've also been teaching someone that I found way back in July during a kubarikai (a flyer pass-out ...session(?)).  She's so awesome and smart!  She's from Alabama and doesn't hardly speak a lick of Japanese, which is why we, the elders are teaching her, because both of the sisters in the area are currently Japanese.  It's such a  blessing being able to teach people and watch them progress in the gospel. 
Yes I am happy.  Healthy?  Well let's hope so haha.  I think I need to eat more vegetables... heh heh heh.  So also I think that one of our investigators is going to add you on facebook!  Her name is Yvonne Vaigafa.  She and her husband are from New Zealand.  And we had poutine with them the other day and they loved it.  She wanted to thank you for it.  I also gave them a pack and they said that it was terrific. So thank you again for that.  And the picture of me with the long hair and sunglasses, when I show people NO ONE EVEN RECOGNIZES ME!!!!  xD  It's hilarious.  Thank you
Sounds like everyone at home is having just a great time.  So I don't actually have too much more time to write now,  but I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
By the way, you know how we used to talk about whose life I was supposed to touch while here in Japan.  I don't think it was just 1 person...  I received a letter this past week from a couple I met in Nagoya (she was a member, he wasn't, they got married and he got baptized after I left) and then I got a letter from a kid in my ward in Tama.  And I have a couple other things from people that kinda let me know that however brief, I had an impact on their life and that I have friends in every place that I've been.  It's a truly remarkable experience to be a missionary.  Thanks for everything.  I'll be getting an SD shortly and then mailing the one I have now home soon.  Hope you all are doing well.  Love you!!
Elder Keith
キース長老

No comments:

Post a Comment